You can love it, you can hate it but surely you cannot ignore it! Well that is pretty much what Delhi is. From being the country’s power capital since ancient times, Delhi goes on to be a food lovers’ paradise and the fashionistas’ perfect fix. And trust me when I say Delhi and Winter- is a combination that is just special.
While much is talked about Delhi being rude, polluted, unsafe, rich and spoiled, I must say we were smitten by this city in ways more than one. Starting from the Delhi Metro, the upscale Khan Market, the ever bustling Sarojini Nagar and Janpath flea market, the uber stylish Hauz Khas, the majestic Lal Quila, the lip smacking Paranthe Wali Gali, the surreal sunset at Jama Masjid and that divine meal at Karim’s…there is so much to love and never forget about this city.
We had divided our exploration carefully dedicating separate days to
Old Delhi – Lal Quila (Red Fort), Jama Masjid, Chandni Chawk area
South Delhi – Qutb Minar, Hauz Khas Village
And ofcourse generous doses of eating out and shopping at Khan Market and Sarojini Nagar Market.
Here is my list of top things that you must do in Delhi:
- 1) Visit the forts and minars
- 2) Visit Jama Masjid
- 3) Forget the calorie count at Karim’s and Paranthe Wali Gali
- 4) Hog at Khan Market
- 5) Shop at Sarojini Market
- 6) Get quirky and upbeat at Hauz Khas
- 7) Take an early morning stroll at Rajpath
8) Get your hair braided at Delhi Haat 🙂
- 9) And last but not the least, make the most of Delhi Metros to cover all of these in a short span of time 🙂
Devlina, in her own words, is “Just another Bengali woman proud of her Rabindrasangeet and Rosogolla roots ….. a Psychiatrist, still picking up the shells on the Freudian shore !”